Newspaper Flower Pot
The choice of flower pots in supermarkets is very large. But every hostess wants to have an original pot without large material investment. And the solution to this problem. You will be able to weave yourself a nice pot for indoor plants, while using cheap materials at hand. We will need:
- newspapers; - a thin cooking skewer or a knitting needle;- PVA glue; - pot (as a basis for your weaving); - thick cardboard for the bottom; - scissors or a stationery knife; - clothespins; - acrylic paints or gouache and brush; - alkyd lacquer and brush. We are going to the creative process:
1. The first task is to prepare paper shelves for future tubes. Expand the newspaper and cut it into strips of 10-12 cm.
You will need a lot of tubules (for such a pot, as in the photo, it took about 80-90 tubes), so prepare in advance a large number of strips of paper. 2. We start to make tubules.Put in front of you one piece of newspaper, and on its corner a thin needle or skewer. The newspaper and the skewer should form an acute angle, as shown in the photo.
And then start gradually to tighten the newspaper in a tube, tightly pressing it to the table so that it turns out thin and dense.
When the small corner of the paper remains, grease with glue and glue it to the tube.
The straw is ready, it remains only to carefully pull the skewer (or knitting needle) out of it.
3. We take a dense cardboard and cut out the bottom of the future pot from it. We pierce the holes near the edge with a knife or scissors. The holes should be placed at the same distance from each other.
4.Insert the tubes into the holes in the cardboard and fold the 3-4 cm section outwards.
5. When the tubes are inserted into all the holes in the bottom, take another tube and bend it exactly in half. Lifting the bent and attached to the bottom of the tube, we braid them with a figure eight.
Connect the outer and inner parts of the vertical tubes. When this way the entire first row is braided, you need to take a pot and put it in the center of the formed circle of tubules. The pot will perform the task of the weaving base and help to weave it smoothly and neatly. For convenience, we fasten the vertical tubes with the clothespins to the walls of the pot.
6. We are making the second row by the same principle as the first.
When the tubule you weave ends,you need to take a new tube and insert it into the one that ends. Each tube has one end always slightly thinner than the other. So you can easily connect the two tubes, inserting a thin side into a thick, and continue to work. In the process of weaving clothespins can be removed, since the tubes will already be tightly fixed to each other.
7. When the woven pot reaches the required height, the shape can be removed. Horizontal tubes should be cut and hidden in the weaving, securing them with glue.
8. Now you need to give completeness to the top of the pot. To do this, take one vertical stick and, wrapping the back of the next one, lower it down.
Continue this operation with all the tubes.
9. Insert the tube into the hole in front, that is, into the hole that formed before the next stick. Repeat the action until all the tubes are directed inside the product.
10.Cut the ends of the tubes, they should be no more than 2-3 cm. Glue the tip of the tube to the inside of the pot and fix it with a clothespin. You fix all the tubes.
11. The product will dry completely in a couple of hours.
12. You can start coloring.
13.If you use this pot, like the décor for indoor flowers, and plan to water this flower, then we recommend covering the finished product with alkyd varnish. 14. After drying, insert your favorite flower in a plastic pot in a wicker pot! All is ready!
Puff pastry cheese puffsSpring Embroidered TabletCandy CakePaper Heart ApplicationFluffy wreath of pomponsOriginal pendant from the old keyNorwegian Patterned MittensWe get gold from radio components