How to cook yogurt in a slow cooker, in a yogurt maker and without a thermos
The quality of modern products offered in stores and on the market is doubtful for consumers, especially when it comes to sour-milk products. After reviewing the composition, people are horrified. Therefore, they are interested in how to prepare yogurt at home.
Yoghurt is a unique product, which includes many useful substances that improve the work of the digestive system and protect the body from the encroachment of viruses and bacteria. These qualities boast only natural product, which is unrealistic to buy in the store. For this reason, the housewives prepare yogurt at home.
Wonderful technique called yogurt maker helps to cook at home a fermented milk product, characterized by unsurpassed taste and invaluable benefits. Even if the device is not at hand, do not despair, homemade yogurt can be cooked in a saucepan, thermos or multi-cooker.
The first to start cooking yogurt were Turks.Over time, the dainty recipe has spread around the world and received a lot of changes designed to simplify the cooking procedure.
The quality of homemade yogurt depends on the starter, which is sold in an assortment. Often, for this purpose, culinary specialists also use purchased yoghurt, which, by reacting with beneficial bacteria and natural milk, becomes useful.
Classic yogurt recipe
Prepare yogurt at home simply. It will take milk and leaven, a saucepan, a warm blanket, and patience, since the procedure for fermenting milk lasts up to fifteen hours. If the fermentation is completed correctly, it turns out yogurt dense and delicate texture. For this purpose, the home product is kept in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- Pasteurized milk - 1 liter.
- Dry sourdough - 1 sachet.
- First, prepare the dishes. Pour a small pot of boiling water over it. Then in a saucepan, heat the milk to 90 degrees, remove from the stove and cool to 40 degrees.
- After cooling, add the leaven to the milk. Pre-dilute it with milk and mix.In the case of store yogurt in the amount of 125 ml initially diluted with milk and pour into the pan.
- Mixing the yeast with milk, wrap the dishes with a warm blanket or knitted scarf and leave in a warm place for 10 hours. After yogurt, refrigerate for four hours. During this time, he will reach the necessary consistency.
I do not rule out that the first attempt will not work. If this happens, do not be discouraged. Many housewives in the process of acquaintance with the technology of cooking classic homemade yogurt make mistakes, the most frequent of which is non-compliance with the temperature regime, which determines the taste and texture.
Control temperature I advise using a kitchen thermometer. To avoid such situations, make sure that the dishes are well wrapped up and retain heat. If you strive to get a healthy product, use pasteurized milk, which has more vitamins than analogous for long-term storage.
The recipe for yogurt in yogurt
Previously, housewives fermented milk in pots, now used yogurt maker.Cooks who bought the device have long appreciated the advantages of technology that automatically maintains the temperature that promotes the development of fermented milk bacteria.
Yogurt maker helps to make homemade kefir, cottage cheese, sour cream and yogurt without effort. Any of the listed items are sold in a beautiful jar or package with a bright label, if not for one thing. Shopping dairy products almost no benefit to the body.
If you decide to transfer the family to use homemade yogurt, start with the starter, which is sold in a pharmacy. Best for cooking yogurt suitable warmed sterilized milk. I recommend pasteurized milk to boil. The density of the product is determined by the fat content of raw milk. If you stick to a fermented milk diet, take dry milk to get a thick yoghurt.
- Milk - 1.15 liters.
- Liquid leaven "Narine" - 200 ml.
- Make a leaven. To do this, heat 150 ml of milk to 40 degrees, combine with liquid sourdough and stir. Leave the starter in the yogurt maker for at least twelve hours, and then another two hours in the refrigerator.
- Start cooking yogurt. A liter of milk warm a little, mix with two spoons of sourdough, stir and pour over the jars. It remains to turn on the device for six hours.
- Cover each jar with a lid and place the packaged yogurt in the fridge for two hours. After the delicacy calmly eat or use as a salad dressing.
Taste the home-made dessert with natural supplements. Canned fruits, nuts, jam, honey, candied fruits, chocolate and various syrups will do. If you mix homemade yogurt with cereal, you get a full breakfast.
If you plan to use fresh fruit, add them to the finished product, otherwise you will get sweet kefir instead of yogurt. Additives advise stir or pour layers. It all depends on the desired result. A yogurt maker will help to create various masterpieces, because its possibilities are limited by the imagination of the cook.
How to cook yoghurt in a multivariate - 2 recipes
Yogurt is easy to prepare at home. Previously, this required titanic work, but the appearance of the multivarker simplified the situation. The multifunction device is suitable for cooking a variety of dishes and treats.
A classic recipe in a multivariate
First of all stock up on groceries.Home-made yogurt is made from milk and sourdough represented by store yogurt. Often cream is used instead of milk. I will share two step-by-step recipes. I'll start with the classic version.
- Pasteurized milk - 1 liter.
- Shop yogurt - 1 pack.
- Pour milk into a saucepan and heat to 40 degrees. Mix the warm milk with the yoghurt, and beat the mixture with a mixer.
- Pour the mixture into sterilized jars, cover with foil and put the multicookers in the bowl, pre-laying the bottom with a towel. Pour warm water into the slow cooker to cover the cans up to the neck.
- After closing the lid, activate the heating mode by setting the timer for twenty minutes. Then turn off the device and leave the banks inside the device for an hour.
- After the heating mode, activate again for 15 minutes and turn off the equipment for an hour.
During the last stage, I recommend sending a few jars of homemade yogurt into the refrigerator, and leaving the rest in a slow cooker until the morning. As a result, experimentally determine the appropriate time for languishing the product.
- Milk - 500 ml.
- Cream - 500 ml.
- Yogurt - 1 package.
- Sugar - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- In a small bowl, combine the recipe ingredients and mix. The resulting composition pour over the small jars, which you put in the multivark.
- Pour warm water into the bowl of the device, close the multicooker with a lid and activate the heating mode for 60 minutes. After the device is turned off, leave the yogurt in the vessel.
- After two hours, remove the dessert from the slow cooker and send it to a cold place to infuse and ripen.
If previously cooked in a slow cooker cabbage rolls or boiled pork, now the opportunity to make a tasty and healthy delicacy.
Preparation of yoghurt in a thermos
It's no secret that the children's organism is very susceptible to additives, dyes and fillers of an artificial nature. Sometimes even innocuous sour-milk products cause an allergic reaction in a child. This fact forces parents to seek a solution to the problem.
In most cases, mothers concerned about the health of children go to the supermarket of technology and buy a yogurt girl. They believe that only this device will provide children with high-quality delicacies. But cooking homemade yogurt can be in a thermos. Yes, you heard right.The thermos is suitable not only for brewing tea and making coffee.
- Pasteurized milk - 1 liter.
- Dry yeast - 1 bottle.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, boil and then boil for a few minutes on minimal heat. As a result, it will receive the color of baked milk. Cool to 40 degrees and remove the film, which will provide a smooth consistency to homemade yogurt.
- Right in the bottle, dilute the leaven, adding a little prepared milk. Once the leaven has dissolved, mix with the main amount of milk.
- The next step involves the preparation of a thermos, which I advise several times to burn with boiling water. Pour the previously prepared mixture into a thermos, close the lid and leave it for six hours. I do not advise moving the thermos during this period, otherwise the processes occurring in it will be disturbed.
- The homemade fermented milk product is transferred to another dish and sent to the refrigerator for several hours. Low temperatures will have a positive effect on taste. To make yogurt more sour, soak in a thermos for several hours longer.
Benefits and useful properties of homemade yogurt
The modern variety of yoghurt offered by shops and supermarkets is amazing. But finding a truly healthy and safe dessert is problematic if you do not prepare a delicacy at home.
- Homemade yoghurt is natural, contains many live active bacteria. There are no dyes, preservatives and harmful additives.
- Calorie content is easily controlled by using raw materials of different fat content. I advise you to experiment with taste, adding fruits, berries, nuts.
- Home yogurt I recommend to use as a dressing for fruit and vegetable salads. It is also considered the basis for sauces.
- The only drawback of homemade yogurt - a short shelf life, which is calculated in a few days. This is not surprising, since there are no preservatives in the product.
To prepare high-quality yogurt, you need good milk, yeast and sterile utensils. Preparing a treat in plastic containers is not recommended, since this material will share harmful pitches. Aluminum dishes are not suitable for this purpose.
Wash and boil water before cooking your kitchenware. We are talking about spoons, thermometers, container. If you are going to use supplements, mix them with ready-made yogurt. For normal development, beneficial bacteria require high-quality milky environment. Remember, sugar and fruit contribute to the appearance of putrefactive bacteria.
If you plan to treat children, mix dessert with juice, berries, nuts or fruits. Homemade yogurt is combined with strawberries, bananas, currants and peaches. Cut them into small pieces or chop with a blender. On the basis of delicacy prepare excellent ice cream or healthy breakfast, mixed with cereal.
If there are still doubts about the fact that homemade desserts are superior to their factory counterparts in terms of benefits and taste, try making yogurt and see for yourself.
What is Reconquista?
20 Ideas to Reuse Old Books
Papier Mache Easter Egg
Lobio from red beans - 9 step-by-step recipes
How to simply cook delicious, real Ukrainian borsch
What can be made of old jeans