roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
You’ll also need: 3 7/8-inch, 2 3/8-inch, and/or 1 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutters, starlight mints, Decorating Icing (see below), red paste or gel food color, fine artist’s brushes, holiday sprinkles, decorating sugars, nonpareils, and star-shaped candy sequins
1/4 c. Just Whites (see Note)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Knead together dough and flour until smooth; knead in zest. Roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness.
- For solid cookies, use cookie cutters to cut out 3 7/8-, 2 3/8-, and/or 1 1/2-inch star shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake 8 minutes for medium and large stars, 6 minutes for small stars, or until just starting to brown around edges. Cool cookies on sheet 1 minute, then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Reroll scraps only once and repeat cutting and baking.
- For starlight mint-center cookies, you'll need baking sheets lined with nonstick foil. Cut out 3 7/8-inch stars. Place on lined baking sheets. Cut 2 3/8-inch stars from centers of the larger cookies. (Cutouts may be baked separately on ungreased baking sheets or rerolled once to make more candy-centered stars.)
- Bake 6 minutes, until just starting to brown around edges. Remove from oven. Place starlight mint in center of each cut-out cookie. Return baking sheet to oven and bake 4 to 5 minutes, until candy is melted. Cool completely on sheet, then peel cookies off foil.
- To make the icing: Beat confectioners' sugar and Just Whites (see Note) in a large bowl with mixer on low speed until combined. Add water; beat until blended. Increase speed to high; beat 8 minutes or until icing is very think and white. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- To decorate cookies: Divide Decorating Icing between two bowls. Tint one red. Spoon some of the white and red icings into separate sturdy ziptop bags. Thin remaining icing in bowls with drops of water until spreadable. Keep covered when not using.
- Snip tip off a corner of one of the ziptop bags. Pipe outline on cookies. Let outlines dry about 5 minutes. Dip brush into thinned icing; spread to piped border. While wet, sprinkle some cookies with decorations. Pipe lines of alternate color onto wet icing on other cookies and pull a toothpick through while icing is still wet. Let dry at least 2 hours. Store airtight at cool room temperature with wax paper between layers up to 1 week.
Video: Villaggio Holiday Animazione Holiday Stars
New Potato and Bean Salad with Crunchy Chorizo Recipe
Im Positive That Borg Jackets Are About to Explode on the Fashion Scene
Do You Have Psoriasis Or Just Really Dry Skin
More Women Than Men Are Going Bankrupt For The First Time
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Are on a Romantic and Secluded Mountain Getaway
How to Calculate NPV
Frank Gehry Unveils His First Ever Vinatge Yacht
9 Breakfast Foods You Should Never Buy
How to Date a Shy Girl
7 Foods, 7 Days, 7 Pounds
Keeley Hawes faces gym ban by husband
Suicide Risk Quadruples After Lung Cancer Diagnosis
How to flatter your face with hairstyles and earrings
How to Clone (Copy) a Hard Drive in Windows XP
Date: 03.12.2018, 06:39 / Views: 44533