13 Body Image Boosters
1. Undergo a head-to-toe grooming session:mani, pedi, bikini wax, leg and underarm shave. You'll feel fresh, pretty, and almost new.
2. Put on that expensive matching bra and underwear set that fits you just right. Sure, no one can see your lingerie beneath your clothes, but you'llfeelsexy knowing it's there.
3. Go shoe shopping.Hey, your shoe size will never go up!
4. Put on a little eye makeup.Just because you're having a bad body-image day doesn't mean you can't have an "I feel pretty" day!
5. Treat yourself to a massage.It's a great way to get back in touch with your body.
6. Sign up for a five-mile race with a friend.It's hard not to feel fit and confident when you're training and thinking about crossing that finish line!
7. Take a fitness class (like Pilates or yoga) in a studio with no mirrors.It'll make you focus on your body from the inside out, instead of from the outside in.
8. Focus on what your body is capable of doing.For instance, if you're a mother, consider how your body grew a baby for nine months. Who cares if your belly is less than rock hard when you know what it produced?
9. Look at pictures of yourself with friends.It'll bring back memories of fun times when you probably weren't focusing on your appearance.
10. Buy and wear clothes that fit, even if it means going up a size.Too-tight duds serve as an all-day reminder that those size 10s don't fit like they used to, and too-loose clothes make you look frumpier and heavier — not exactly a confidence builder. Wear an outfit that gently hugs you in all the right places and you'll feelandlook good.
11. Strike a (yoga) pose.Women who do yoga often have healthier attitudes toward their bodies, possibly because the practice discourages self-judgment.
12. Accept compliments with a smile.You deserve them, so act like you do — you might just believe yourself!
13. Set your sights on what you likewhen looking at your reflection — not on your trouble zones. Remember: It's okay to be proud of your body.
Video: Cardi B on Body Image Issues, Self-Esteem, and Cosmetic Surgery
8 Powerful Reasons to Love Your Enemies
How to Make Horse Shows More Affordable
How to Pack a Purse for Class
How to Report Internet Fraud
7 Superb Benefits Of Pickle Juice How To Make It
The Top 8 Health Goals For 2019, According To Prevention Readers
Did Scientists Just Find the MS Switch
How to Maintain Your Relationship After a Diabetes Diagnosis
Dallas Cowboys Jeff Rohrer comes out as gay and announces marriage
6 Gluten-Free Apps to Help You Shop, Eat Out
How to Find a Suitable Professional Mentor
How to Make a Pop Up Card
How to Prepare for a Kitchen Renovation